This section is written for simplicity. Always check the rules document for your upcoming competition.
Elbow or arm guards now required.
New rules sections added:
- Etiquette (salutation)
- Slow-motion replay review
- No-score actions
- "Whipping" and "flicking" now classified as "No-score"
- Leaving the box as a result of attack momentum now classified as "No-score"
- "Assault" added as a disqualifiable violation
- Dropping your saber now only worth 3 points.
- Disarmaments now only count as a result of blade action.
- Fencing mask, lacrosse gloves, and arm or elbow guards required.
- Blades must be 3/4" OD. Maximum length: 36".
- Maximum hilt length: 12.5".
- The first fencer to hit gets one point.
- If the fencer hits without getting hit back, they get three points instead.
- If the fencers hit simultaneously, they each get one point.
- Every part of the fencer's body and their hilt is a valid target for scoring, including hands, fingers, feet, and the weapon emitter.
- No point-attacks (ie thrusts, point-in-line)
- No sweeps at the knee or below (semi-cuts okay)
- No physical contact
- Striking with enough force to break, crack, dent, or kink your blade is a violation.